The journal “History of Medicine” is a peer reviewed academic research journal. Editors focus on the historical aspects in the development of medicine as a science within the contemporary worldviews and social culture.
The Journal is Published Twice a Year.
Founders of the journalI.M. Sechenov
Aims and Scope of the Journal
- Developing the academic study of the history of medicine as a part of general history of natural science;
- Historical analysis of the establishment and development of medicine, its leading schools and branches;
- Studying the roles of the most accomplished scientists in creating new methods and basic medical theories;
- Forming discussion groups and conducting historical-medical research within the framework of modern theoretical and methodological approaches in history of natural science;
- Bringing to light the methodological approaches pertinent to the teaching history of medicine.