On the 6-10 of March 2017 there will be held the international research workshops titled “The History and Philosophy of Medicine: interdisciplinary research in clinical bioethics”
The event is being organized by the Department of the history of medicine, national history and culturology of the Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
Professor, PhD Ana Lucia Smith Iltis, director of the Center for Bioethics, Health & Society, Wake Forest University (USA), Professor at the Department of the history of medicine, national history and culturology of the Faculty of Preventive Medicine (Sechenov First MSMU) will give classes during this workshop session.
According to tradition, the workshop programme includes roundtables and special lectures for students, postgraduate students and young scientists. These classes will focus on the international practice of dealing with the relevant bioethical problems within the framework of interdisciplinary research and practical medicine and pharmacy:
1. Ethical Issues in Pharmacy Practice
2. Helping Patients Understand and Use Risk Information
3. Research on Emerging Technologies: Balancing Access and Safety
4. Health Care Decisions for Children and Adolescents
5. Organ Donation: The Role of Individuals, Families, and the State in Decision-Making
Workshops will be held at Room 2 of the Faculty of Preventice Medicine. Address: 2 Bolshaya Pirogovskaya St., building 2. 3d floor.